173, 201, and 225 Big Bay Point Road - Next Nine Ltd. Official Plan Amendment and Zoning By-law Amendment
Update: On May 12, 2021, Council will be considering the applications per the Notice of Motion provided at the April 28, 2021 Council Meeting (Item 10.3), and a decision may be reached that night.
The Council Meeting on May 12, 2021 will commence at 7:00 p.m. and will be live-streamed. If you would like to participate you must pre-register for Open Forum or as a Delegate. Links to these forms and submission details will be available when the agenda is released on Wednesday, May 5, 2021. More information on how to participate can be found on the How to Participate page. Clerks Services will contact all registrants with confirmation of meeting details on Wednesday, May 12, 2021.
On April 22, 2020, Town Council refused the Next Nine Ltd. Official Plan Amendment and Zoning By-law Amendment. For more information please see links to Staff Report and Notice below:
Applications submitted by Next Nine Ltd. propose to amend the Official Plan and Zoning By-law to permit a golf course use on lands known municipally as 173, 201, and 225 Big Bay Point Road. The applicant proposes a nine-hole golf course on the subject lands, with no proposed structures or parking. A concurrent County Official Plan amendment has been submitted for a site-specific exception to permit the use within the existing Greenlands designation.
A proposed Routing Plan for the 9 hole golf course is linked at the bottom of this page.
Effect of Official Plan Amendment:
The applicant proposes to redesignate the lands from its current Rural Area and Natural Environmental Area designation to a Parks and Open Space designation with several site-specific provisions, including:
- allowing greater disturbance to key natural heritage features within the natural heritage system than are permitted by the 2019 Growth Plan;
- that permitted uses should be limited to a nine-hole golf course; and,
- no buildings or expansion of buildings shall be permitted.
Effect of Zoning By-law Amendment:
The applicant proposes to rezone the lands from Agricultural zone to an alternate Open Space zoning, with special exceptions to permit the proposed golf course use within the Open Space zone.
- Planning Justification Report, prepared by Brutto Consulting, dated June 2018
- Revised Routing Plan prepared by Marton Smith Landscape Architects
- Functional Servicing and Preliminary Stormwater Management Report, prepared by Crozier Consulting Engineers, dated June 2018
- Interim Environmental Impact Study, prepared by Riverstone Environmental Solutions Inc.
- Tree Inventory & Preservation Plan Justification Letter, prepared by Riverstone Environmental, dated July 27, 2018
- Geotechnical Feasibility Commentary, prepared by Terraprobe Inc., dated June 2018
- Preliminary Hydrogeological Feasibility Review, prepared by Terraprobe, dated August 9th, 2018
- Golf Ball Spray and Safety Analysis, prepared by Cam Tyers Design Inc., dated June 2018
- Stage 1 Archaeological Assessment, prepared by Archeoworks Inc., dated June 2018
- Initial Assessment of Agricultural Capability Letter, prepared by Coleville Consulting Inc., dated July 25, 2018
- Environmental Impact Study (Final) prepared by Riverstone Environmental Solutions Inc., dated May 2019
- Revised Routing Plan Review Letter, prepared by Riverstone Environmental Solutions Inc., dated March 9, 2019